We are experienced in packing:
- dried fruits
- nut products
- granulated and desiccated products
all within an allergen controlled facility.
We offer flexibility in packaging with capabilities to package:
- form filled bags
- re-sealable doy pouches
- tub packaging with film seal
- mesh netting bags
Our clean room environment has the following equipment for packing raw materials;
- Multi head weighing machine with thermal printer and metal detector
- Flow wrapping machine with thermal printer check weigher and metal detector
- Pouch filling machine with ink jet printer and metal detector
- Hopper and auger filling equipment
Merriwa’s CPP Division can also arrange transportation of raw materials and consumables, distribution of finished goods and the ability to work closely with customer preferred logistic partners when requested.
Our Contract Processing and Packaging Division (CPP) has a thriving all abilities team with roles in food processing, logistics and warehousing, administration and management.
“We are proud to be partnered with Woolworths in delivering product and processing services to the highest standards; our relationship which has seen the CPP division of Merriwa commercially thrive, has also provided opportunity for people of all abilities in our community to flourish and be employed as part of an organisation that values, accepts and celebrates our differences”.
Mark Currie, General Manager of Operations at Merriwa, Wangaratta
We pride ourselves on operating at the highest standards, meeting and exceeding Quality Assurance standards with a “AA” rating under the British Retail Consortium (BRC), a standard recognised throughout the world, as well as Woolworths Quality Assurance.
We operate under an extensive Quality Assurance programs by implementing and developing comprehensive HACCP Australia procedures to ensure food safety management and monitoring to the highest standard.
Internal Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) audits are conducted on a monthly basis and random food safety audits are continually performed by independent bodies to ensure the highest quality standards are met.
Merriwa understands how important it is for our customers to know that the products we supply are made to the highest quality standard.
- ISO 9001:2008 (Licence No. QEC7006)
- Disability Service Standards (Licence No. DSC20072)
- Department of Human Services Standards (Licence No. DSV20046)
- BRC (British Retail Consortium) Food Technical Standard (BRC site Code: 1844396)
Packaging Divisional Manager