Work with Us
As an employer, Merriwa seek to recruit and select suitable employees of all abilities to reach their full potential in a positive work environment, while delivering quality products and services to our clients and customers.
We understand that every employee we recruit has different abilities and we welcome, accept and celebrate that diversity within our workforce.
Factory Manager – Timbers:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to take the next step and join a dynamic employer of choice in North East Victoria!
- Full Time position based in Wangaratta
- Engaging and fulfilling work environment
- Attractive salary plus NFP tax benefits
- Team Culture built on Empathy, Respect, Inclusion and Empowerment
Merriwa is committed to developing the life skills of people with disability. We are a social enterprise that provides meaningful work in an environment of inclusion and empowerment. We operate businesses in the packaging, engineered wood products, nursery and garden, and community services sectors. Our customers consist of small to medium and large well know retail and manufacturing businesses providing goods and services nationally. Our dream is to be part of a future where people with disability reach their potential and feel happy, respected, and confident. We achieve this through working together as one team and valuing, mentoring, coaching, and supporting all people that work with us. The role of the Factory Manager, Timbers plays an important part in supporting our Team to be successful in a safe work environment.
The role purpose:
The Factory Manager of our Timbers Division is a critical operational role that provides leadership to ensure a Safety-First Culture is maintained. The Factory Manager will have the capacity to develop and support people with a disability in an integrated employment environment, that embraces diversity. The Factory Manager role will create an environment where the team feel safe and respected. Merriwa’s leadership principles are built around good and respectful communication and behaviours that demonstrate empathy, respect, inclusion and empowerment and creating inquisitive minds.
You will need to possess:
- Demonstrated experience managing a team effectively; providing outstanding coaching and support
- Excellent communication skills; ability to collaborate, and capacity to work and make decisions under pressure through the use of people engagement, delegation and time management skills
- Ability to be an active listener
- Reliable, with high integrity and a strong work ethic, and willingness and capacity to problem solve
The successful candidate will be required to undergo mandatory checks as required.
The Position Description can be accessed here: PD – Factory Manager Timbers
In your application you will need to submit a covering letter, provide a current resume, identifying why you are the best candidate for the role. Please note that the application process may close earlier should a successful candidate be sourced.
For a confidential discussion please contact: Manager HR & People Engagement – Natalie Milgate on 0419 656 426.
Applications close on Sunday 6 November 2022. Applications can be emailed to: [email protected]
Packaging Team – Casuals:
We are looking for casuals to join our Packaging team across our Wangaratta and Wodonga sites. All training provided, up to 38 hours per week (full time). Please contact [email protected] to find out more.
Youth Engagement and Development Workers (Casual):
For some young people, living at home with their families is not possible for a range of circumstances beyond their control. No matter what the circumstance, young people always have a right to protection, support and education.
When these circumstances arise and young people do not have the support to live at home, Merriwa can assist to provide a safe and comfortable environment, supporting and caring for the young person in order to maximise their educational, relationship and social opportunities.
Merriwa is a Child Safe Organisation and services are provided on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services.
The Youth Engagement and Development Worker (Casual) is required to provide high quality, responsive support to people in out of home care in Wangaratta and the surrounding areas. The position holder actively participates in the person’s day to day living and supports the health, wellbeing and development of the person, undertaking all administrative requirements and household duties. The role contributes to the creation of an environment that embraces diversity, all abilities, and where people and team members feel respected and have purpose.
In your role you will:
- Ensure an encouraging safe and secure environment for people and staff.
- Encourage and support the people to build strong connections within the community, and maintain contact with family, friends and other networks.
- Encourage and model positive behaviour’s and skills required to successfully transition to independent living.
- Support the person to achieve their potential and the desired outcomes of their individual plans and/or aspirations.
- Empower the people to have a voice and actively listen and respond to their views.
- Conduct oneself in accordance with the Merriwa Code of Conduct which is underpinned by the values of prosperity, responsibility, integrity, diversity and excellence within the principles of continuous improvement and health and safety.
- Maintain professional standards of care at all times and respect the confidentiality of the people, co-workers and the organisation.
- Report any breaches of the Merriwa policies and procedures to your immediate supervisor.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to play a key role as a member of the child or young person’s care team.
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly manage competing priorities and stressful situations, monitoring own stress levels and practising and promoting self-care strategies.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated capacity engaging people and the ability to not only work with displays of emotional and behavioural dysregulation but to be able to understand the underlying causes.
- Ability to exhibit empathy for people in our care in an open minded and non-judgemental manner.
- The capacity to advocate, engage and negotiate with relevant stakeholders, including school/educational networks and family where appropriate.
- Demonstrated understanding or willingness to learn appropriate legislation, policy and issues relating to people involved with Children Protection and Youth Justice and Disability Services.
- Highly developed capacity for emotional self-regulation including the capacity to set and maintain consistent boundaries to provide safety, stability and consistency.
- The ability to contribute to creation of work environment that embraces diversity, all abilities employees, and where team members feel respected and have purpose.
- Current Police Check.
Qualifications and other requirements:
- A recognised and relevant qualification e.g. Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention, Disability or equivalent (it is a mandatory requirement that all staff without a relevant qualification undertake and complete this qualification within 12 months of employment).
- Completion of or willingness to complete mandatory units of competency, which covers trauma, working in residential care and managing behaviour (it is a mandatory requirement that all staff without the mandatory units of competency commence this qualification within 12 months of employment).
- A valid Working with Children’s Check.
- Current driver’s licence.
- Prepared to undergo a Criminal Records Check prior to commencement.
- Undertake Disqualified Carers Check.
- Undertake Disability, Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) Check.
We will offer you:
- A work environment that places significant value on personal growth, respect, dignity and diversity
- A highly supportive business with a diverse workforce
- A challenging and rewarding role
- The opportunity to join an organisation that continues to grow and invest in its people and its future
- Salary packaging
- A competitive salary plus Super
For a confidential discussion please contact Antoinette Barbisan on 03 5722 7600. The Position Description is available here: PD: Casual Youth Engagement and Development Worker
Please email your application to: [email protected]